Monday, May 2, 2011

Limbaugh's Cure-A-Thon Sets New Records

Rush Limbaugh's 21st annual Leukemia and Lymphoma Cure-A-Thon -- which kicked off during his daily national radio show -- has surpassed last year's record-breaking total of $3.1 million, with more donations continuing to be counted. The event kicked off with a bang, thanks to a $500,000 donation from "El Rushbo" and his wife, Kathryn, to "get the ball rolling."

At first reluctant to reveal the amount of his personal donation to the cause, Limbaugh said, "I'm not like one of these TV telethon hosts that says, 'I'm donating my time.' I never ask people to do what we don't do. I'm not going to sit here and ask you to contribute financially to this if I don't."

Later, during a Friday edition of Limbaugh's Premiere Radio Networks syndicated show, special guest Donald Trump added to the pot with a $100,000 donation toward finding a cure for blood cancers. More details and updated totals can be found at Limbaugh's website
HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment